Because the work requires a teacher in special education more as a lesson to administrators for candidates who are looking for real experts in the field. If you are hoping, as Special Ed teachers are hired, you need an expert in the field of adaptation are lessons to actively engage the needs of students, a professional writer IEP, mine information about disabilities for students, and a special person, the 100 % committed to do everything to all students reach their full potential is used up.
As with any maintenance training, I recommend you familiarize yourself with the possible questions in advance. Thus, the interview questions will be familiar to you even more comfortable answering. You will be asked a series of questions of general education as well as issues specifically related Special Ed.
Here are some ideas on how prepared you are for special education issues that are made.
1. Be willing to understand and meet all the jargon, acronyms and special requirements of special education. You should know exactly how an IEP and / or CSE meeting is held. You must speak and act as if you can be very familiar with IEP meetings, meetings of the CSE study meetings of other committees and special school children have. Understand how the environment is less restrictive. Know what services and support to the school district and can not offer.
2. Make sure you understand and are able to speak on a wide range of disabilities. Do can be classified in the neighborhood with Asperger’s / autism, ADHD, mood disorders, delays in processing, speech disorder, physical disabilities and other children of the disability.
3. Emphasize your ability to work with colleagues. Special teachers are usually required to work closely with teaching and / or team with teachers in mainstream schools. They will also regularly communicate with directors of special education, social workers or carers, PT / OT teachers and teacher resource. There are a lot of teamwork in special schools for children with special needs involved. You must understand your role in the service as an advocate for each of your students and their social and academic.
4. Learn how to use support staff. Often, special education teacher assistants, students and assistants. Be sure you know how to use support staff in a professional manner to benefit the students. You do not want the child to become dependent on teacher assistance for simple tasks he completed / she can perform themselves. On the other hand, you want to be sure the student receives the full support he needs.
5. Be sure that you are an expert in differentiation. Although all teachers should vary their teaching to the needs of their students, the teachers of special education are especially confident in their ability to adapt teaching to the individual needs of their students needs. You can not teach a concept and expect to do each child, the same work the same way. You need the teaching to make it so that all your students can learn, is presented individually. You will not be able to the school curriculum or teaching materials review and use it as it is. You need to show that you adapt your resources to meet the learning needs of your students.
Final Thoughts: To succeed in an interview with special needs, you should be able to talk to talk to him, to understand how a lawyer should be for students with special needs, understand the responsibilities associated with employment, and ready go beyond this to the unique needs of the students needs.